Best BCAA Supplements to Optimize Muscle Growth, Boost Energy Levels, Improve Athletic Performance & Fitness Health
It can really be frustrating and disappointing when as an amateur athlete, you go all out to train harder or partake in that sprinting exercise and you feel tired and exhausted so easily.
Most times you can even be tempted to give up against the odds that your hopes have been dashed especially when you find a counterpart sprinting on, effortlessly and relentlessly.
No, hang in there and don’t give up just yet!
It’s time to change tactics and see the proven methods for you to fearlessly take up every athletic challenge and stay a champion always.
In this article, we’d be unveiling the most important aspect of any strength training or diet plans that you might have ignored repeatedly.
Top Rated BCAA Supplements you can trust
There are a variety of BCAA supplements on the market that you can find.
And this can really confuse you especially if you’re considering which one to buy for the first time, or if you’re simply looking for that supplement that will drive you fast to your fitness destination.
Not worry, we have researched the best on the market that is guaranteed to give you the needed boost and generally improve your overall performance.
Off The Chain Amino (by Formulation One)
Off the Chain Amino is manufactured by Formulation One –a muscle recovery supplement that can be taken either before, during or after your workout in order to help you maximize its benefits.
Off The Chain Amino Acid contains a perfect ratio mix of (Branched Chain Amino Acids) for maximum performance. There are two popular flavors of this BCAA supplement by Formulation One- Green Apple and Fruit Punch.
It is a perfect everyday drink and has the following benefits to offer.
- It contains no calories
- Improved Lean muscle mass
- Aids weight loss perfectly
- Insane energy to workout longer
- Rapid muscle recovery from soreness
- Rehydrates the body
- No artificial colors.
- It is sold at $54.95 on com which is a fairly reasonable price. However, I found Off The Chain Amino very cheap at $32.50 on another website- NutraPlanet. The NutraPlanet reviews I have read indicate that the company is legitimate and have a reputation for efficient delivery. However, when you have a delivery error, it takes ages to reach them.
- Insufficient customer reviews about Off The Chain Amino
- It is sold on only various online stores. However, you can get best deals such as Strength.com website.
- Unlike NutraPlanet, Strength.com do not offer international shipping.
YouTonic Sport (by Bauer Nutrition)
YouTonic Sport, a top-quality liquid supplement that helps you to improve your workout and performance.
This BCAA booster is formulated with the most sophisticated science that combines BCAA-complex with high collagen protein concentrate.
It is designed with the sole aim of promoting joint and muscle health, as well as giving you the needed energy to workout harder and longer.
YouTonic Sport is manufactured by Wolfson Berg Limited, which is quite famously known as Bauer Nutrition and has gathered quite a number of positive online reviews from users.
Find below some benefits of YouTonic Sport:
- Increased muscle retention
- Improved joint mobility and lubricates joint effectively
- Repairs and build damaged muscle
- Soothes Post-Workout soreness
- It enhances muscle gains
- Enhanced performance
- Hastens recovery process
- Buy 3 get 3 free or buy 2 and Get 1 free on Bauer Nutrition website
- 60 day money back guarantee
- Tr-Optimized, high Protein BCAA blend
- There are so many Youtonic Sport reviews that give so much confidence about this product.
- Fast and free worldwide delivery
- It is relatively affordable and costs $54.95
- It is sold exclusively on Bauer Nutrition website
Directions for Use
Take YouTonic at least 30-45 minutes after workout
Natural BCAAs (by Natural Stacks)
Ever wondered what you’ll likely do with a supplement that’s got 5-stars all the way? Grab it!
Maybe that’s your answer but I tell you it’s definitely worth it.
Every product from Natural Stack is top-notch! Little wonder why we have so many positive reviews from users who have used the product.
Just going through the Natural Stack BCAA review, you’ll find that Natural BCAAs which is actually made by this company is designed with the finest of intentions- to help you perform better while taking only quality products to help you achieve your aim.
Now the product- Natural BCAAs!
Natural BCAAs is formulated with pharmaceutical grade BCAAs combined with Beta-Alanine to give you an explosive workout performance.
While so many studies allude to the potency of this combination, let’s have a run-down of the benefits below.
- Prevents Fatigue
- Increased endurance
- Sharper mental alertness
- Faster recovery times
- Increased energy during and after workout
- Lean muscle development
- Explosive power to train harder and longer
- It is by far one of the cheapest BCAA enriched supplements you can find. It costs $24.95 on Natural Stacks website. However, it is cheaper on Amazon for $19.99
- You get 10% discount when you use Natural Stacks discount code
- 100% Natural Ingredients
- Dedication to research and quality
- Guess what! There’s a 100% money back guarantee (Yet to see one to beat the competition)
- It can be taken before, during and after workouts.
- Manufactured in a cGMP facility in U.S.A
- It is mostly sold online.
- No matter how great this product is, there are still insufficient reviews.
Directions for Use
Take 1-3 servings per day with water, or as directed by your doctor.
Modern BCAA+ (by UspLabs)
Modern BCAA+ is a potent BCAA supplement for anyone who is serious about getting results for his trainings.
This is a powerful BCAA formula which is unlike any other. Modern BCAA contains 8 times more Leucine in the ratio (8:1:1), which is majorly responsible for creating a powerful anabolic pathway that is essential for muscle growth and repair.
Talk about a product with great quality designed to help you stay on top of your game whenever you workout, this is just a perfect go-getter.
This amazing supplement is manufactured by Usp Labs, a supplement company that has gathered a wealth of experience in churning out only quality supplements.
Usp Labs Modern BCAA has a variety of flavors designed to give you the needed drive to obtain peak performance. I recently came across some Usp Labs Modern BCAA reviews saying that all Usp Labs Modern BCAA flavors taste great.
A run-down of Usp Labs Modern BCAA flavors include:
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Fruit Punch
- Blue Raspberry
- Green Apple
- Mango Orange
- Pineapple Strawberry
- Cherry Limeade and Grape Bubblegum.
I guess by now, your major challenge would be the choice to make…
Well…that’s so much for a great product! However, Modern BCAA Watermelon seems to have won the heart of users. It tastes great and mixes well in water compared to other BCAA products.
Now, the benefits of this Usp Labs supplement are as follows:
- Perfect energy booster
- Produces muscle growth
- Rapidly decreases soreness
- Faster healing and recovery
- Improved performance
- It is very affordable. It costs $21.99 on Strength.com but you can find it slightly cheaper on Amazon for $27.30. I tried checking on GNC website, just to compare the prices but sadly, GNC do not sell this product anymore.
- It mixes really well.
- Great taste
- Value for money
- Another bestseller with enough 5-star customer rating
- It is only sold online.
- You’ll have to wait a couple of days longer to get your product if you’re buying from a website that offers international shipping like Amazon.
Directions for Use
Mix 1 serving, that is 2 level scoops in 20 ounces of water and shake well for 30 second. It is recommended by the manufacturer to use 10 ounces per scoop because using less could hinder solubility. It can be taken during or after workout.
Amino Build NRG (by MuscleTech)
Amino Build NRG also famously known as Amino Build Next Gen is a fantastic product clinically formulated to optimize your BCAA intake by giving you first dose boost in energy, focus and muscle performance.
MuscleTech is the brain behind this physique transforming supplement. There is really no surprise that this company is taking the supplement industry by storm due to their concise innovation and delivery of only top-notch supplements.
This MuscleTech Amino Next Genc supplement also features BCAA formulas, Betaine, powerful cell volumizers combine with naturally sourced, energy-boosting caffeine, coconut water and watermelon juice.
In addition to this, Amino Build Next Gen is backed by 4 different clinical studies that demonstrates its bodybuilding and performance-enhancing abilities.
The benefits of this product include:
- Intense energy supply
- Increased performance
- Massive Strength and power output
- Increased Endurance
- Muscle recovery
- It is also quite affordable and budget-friendly. It costs $26.99 on Strength.com. Amazon is usually a few dollars or more cheaper. On Amazon, it is sold for $24.69 but on GNC it quite expensive costing $44.99.
- Clinically researched product
- Different flavors such as Grape, Fruit Punch and Blue Raspberry which are the most popular.
- MuscleTechAmino Build Next Gen Energizer contains 50mg caffeine which may not be ideal for those looking for BCAA supplement without caffeine or any other stimulant. However, MuscleTech Amino Acid Next Gen does not contain caffeine and is quite cheaper on Amazon at the price of $ 18.34.
- It is sold only online. But it’s also a great thing that there are a variety of online stores for you to make your choice from.
Directions for Use
Simply mix 1 scoop with 8 oz of water before and during your workout. For full effects, mix 2 scoops with 16 oz of water and consume during your workout.
Prior to taking the two scoops mentioned above, try to find out if taking one scoop would be sufficient.
If you’re below 18, please do not use.
EvoSport BCAA (by Evolution Slimming)
Have you been searching for the most effective amino acid supplement? Better still, one that is richly formulated with Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) to help you workout better, faster and effectively?
EvoSport BCAA provides your body with all the needed amino acids to fortify you and give you all the strength you require for a rigorous training session.
EvoSport BCAA is manufactured by Evolution Slimming, a trusted name in the fitness and bodybuilding world. Over the years, they have carefully chosen the finest ingredients in the formulation of their products.
This is the reason why they have become an incontestable choice for athletes and those who understand what a great bodybuilding supplement should feel like.
This is no hype!
There are so many Evolution Slimming reviews that allude to this fact But since the essence of this article is to guide you to choosing only the best BCAA supplement that works.
EvoSport BCAA richly contains amino acids which has immense health benefits. Branched Amino acids are essential for muscle development, protein synthesis, as well as increase energy and endurance.
So, if you’re serious about optimizing your workout performance, then you shouldn’t hesitate and just make the right decision.
More reasons to get this product lies in the benefits listed below.
- Huge muscle gain
- Promotes muscle repair and recovery
- It is ideal for use before and after workout
- Reduces fatigue
- Increased energy, strength and endurance
- Enhanced athletic performance
- It is a dependable BCAA supplement
- It is by far one of the cheapest post-workout supplements. It is sold for $17 on Evolution Slimming website
- 30 Day money back guarantee
- No known side effects
- It can only be purchased online. It can only be purchased on Evolution Slimming website which is typical of most Evolution Slimming supplements
Directions for Use
Take four tablets before or after workout
- BCAA 5000 Powder (by Optimum Nutrition)
Trust Optimum Nutrition to deliver grand bodybuilding supplements. This is a bestseller from this company.
A darling among fitness experts, bodybuilders and athletes, BCAA 5000 Powder provides a pure 5000mg blend of the three Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-Isoleucine, L-leucine and L-Valine) that has immense anabolic effects.
BCAA 5000 Powder by Optimum Nutrition is made using proprietary processes that enables the product to mix readily with water.
If you feel you’re training hard enough and experiencing muscle breakdown, it might just be time to change your supplement or simply aim for the best.
Some of the benefits of BCAA 5000 Powder include:
- Explosive power and strength
- Definitive Lean mass gains
- Shreds fat quickly
- Rapid muscle recovery process
- Rapid fatigue decline
- Maximum endurance booster
- It doesn’t clump.
- It contains three great flavors. Optimum Nutrition BCAA 5000Powder has three amazing flavors- Fruit Punch, Orange and Unflavored. The Unflavored option certainly should delight those looking to use a BCAA supplement without artificial sweeteners.
- Most importantly the prices are great for the quality it commands. Some websites like Amazon sell it cheaper for $21.69 and on Strength.com for $24.99.
- It mixes well
- Great Optimum Nutrition BCAA 5000 reviews to quickly drown your fears and inspire you to give this product a chance.
- It is sold only online
- Some users have reviewed that the BCAA 5000 Unflavored option has a taste that would slightly be unpleasant. But if you prefer it so, then just enjoy your mix!
Directions for Use
Take one serving (one heaping teaspoon)in-between meals, 30-45 minutes before, and/or immediately after workout.
R1 BCAA (by Rule 1 Proteins)
R1 BCAAs are produced by Rule 1 Proteins. They are pure Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) that are designed to support muscle enhancement, rebuilding and repair.
It’s devastating to workout day after day yet you’re finding little to no improvement. You can achieve a redefined experience with this complete BCAA supplement.
R1 BCAA by Rule1 Proteins provides a pure blend of Micronized BCAAs in the ratio 2:1:1.BCAAs aids protein synthesis which translates to more muscle growth and less muscle breakdown. In effect, this provides more anabolism for your body.
Some benefits of this BCAA supplement by R1 Proteins are:
- Increased lean muscle size
- Enhanced recovery from strenuous exercise or injury
- Great energy booster
- Improved performance
- Promotes growth
- Prevents muscle breakdown
- Stimulates the central nervous system
- It is very cheap- sold cheaper on Strength.com website for $19.99 and on Amazon, it costs $24.99.
- It has two flavors, providing you with options of Blue Raspberry, Orange and Unflavored.
- It is sold only on online stores
- There are insufficient R1 BCAA reviews about
Directions for Use
Simply mix one teaspoon of R1 BCAAs with 8-12 oz of cold water or mix with your favorite protein powder. You can take this supplement before, during or after rigorous workouts or drink on your rest days to facilitate faster recovery.
What is BCAA?
First of all, Branched Chain Amino Acids or BCAA in its short form are essential nutrients that the body derives from the proteins found in natural foods such as meat, dairy products and legumes.
The collection of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine is the BCAA we are referring to here. Breaking it down further, the term Branched-chain is used to describe the chemical structure of these amino acids.
BCAAs are important for a number of reasons- from bodybuilding to physical and to your overall health.
BCAAs are very important to be ingested on a daily basis. If you’re up on a tight schedule and barely have the time to prepare your favorite dish garnished with some of the best BCAA sources like turkey, chicken or fish…
Then try out BCAA supplements!
In simple terms, Branched Chain Amino Acids are essential amino acids. But since our bodies do not produce them on their own, even though we need them in sufficient quantities, we need to source for them through food or supplement intake.
How does it Work?
Branched-chain amino acids stimulate the building of protein in muscle and possibly reduce muscle breakdown.
The rate of protein synthesis in your body must be greater than the rate at which your body breaks down protein. If it happens that the table turns and the latter becomes greater than the former, then you start to experience muscle loss.
And what if the rate of protein synthesis is equal to the rate of protein breakdown? Then, the muscle mass remain the same.
And according to Webmd, Branched-chain amino acids seem to prevent faulty message transmission in the brain cells of people with advanced liver disease, mania, tardive dyskinesia, and anorexia.
Talk about Safety of BCAA Supplements
Studies have shown BCAAs to be generally safe for consumption. However, there is an emphasis on the amount of BCAAs that you take- Take only the recommended dosage and you’d be just fine.
The benefits are numerous but we’ll take a quick glance at the ones which relates to bodybuilding and fitness in general. Some of the benefits of BCAAs for men and women include:
- Enhanced Protein Synthesis
- Aids fat loss
- Reduce fatigue
- Increases lean muscle mass
- Muscle repair and recovery
- Improves mood among other benefits
It is no longer news that if your supplement doesn’t contain the right quantity of BCAAs, then it’s probably not a complete one and possibly ineffective at that.
As I mentioned earlier, there is no way your body can produce BCAAs naturally except through other means.
And although, there are many supplements that claim to be effective for this or that, you shouldn’t fall cheap for such claims as they could easily pass for hype.
Again, whenever you’re taking a supplement and you find yourself reacting negatively, it’s a signal to stop using it and possibly change to a new one that is less likely to cause any issues (or would barely cause any) like the ones listed in this article.
But you have to follow prescribed doses so that you can have a blast through your workout.